Uncategorized

take me home phil collins meaning

By 22/10/2020 No Comments

When I heard that Phil himself said the song is about some person in a mental institution, I couldn't believe it. The days are the same, ever and ever again, so he is bored. Don’t have an account? A number of music critics later blamed the music video for taking away some of Bone Thugs-n-Harmony’s street cred. See if you can tell which lyrics are real and which are Spinal Tap in this lyrics quiz.

Great song.For a funny easy-going guy he has alot of dark songs.Although this one has a poppy or upbeat to it. I interpreted it like you.

I think he is comparing people in such a situation (just going through the motions and not really "living" life) to people in insane asylums.

EverestMan, I think you are right.

I also think you're right.
A look at the good (Diana Ross, Eminem), the bad (Madonna, Bob Dylan) and the peculiar (David Bowie, Michael Jackson) film debuts of superstar singers. The video features Phil Collins singing a couple of lines from the song in various cities around the world, including London, Moscow, New York, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Sting and ex-Genesis band mate Peter Gabriel sang backup vocals. This is one of Collins' favorite songs in his catalogue. They sang about pink torpedoes and rocking you tonight tonight, but some real lyrics are just as ridiculous. The first half of the song is about the person in the mental institution and the second half about the bored working class person. What is the meaning behind Phil Collins' song Take Me Home? Zach Hanson was just 11 years and 7 months old when "MMMbop" topped the Hot 100 making him the youngest group member to co-write and perform a US #1 single.

Also when you look at the video, that supports your thoughts. He just wants to break out of his boring every day life, wants to search for a deeper sense. The way I see it is more like “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.” It’s … He wants to travel all those interesting places in the world, wants to get to know something of what is happening around him. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. So he wishes to see something of the world. Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display. The line "satellite of love" in the Def Leppard song "Rocket" came from the title of a 1972 Lou Reed song. Collins, in addition to three other famous singers provided backing vocals for the song. He had a hard time explaining it to her. Charlie discusses the songs that made him a Southern Rock icon, and settles the Devil vs. Johnny argument once and for all. In 2003 the hip-hop group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony heavily sampled the song for their single "Home." "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers was inspired by the Jack Lemmon movie Days of Wine and Roses. Collins played the keyboards and drums on the song whereas his longtime friends and collaborators Lee Sklar and Daryl Stuermer played bass and guitars respectively. "Take Me Home" is considered one of Collins' more well known songs, and has been in all of his tours since the No Jacket Required Tour. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, Often misconstrued to be about a man returning home, Collins stated on VH1. In the song’s music video, the woman, who asks Collins where he has been after he arrives home, is his second wife Jill Tavelman. "Crazy Kids'" lyrics were inspired by a birthday party of Ke$ha's, which she described as, "one crazy night.". All Rights Reserved.

Collins and his longtime collaborator producer Hugh Padgham handled the production of the song. Facts about the song “Take Me Home” by Phil Collins “Take Me Home” is a song performed by English singer-songwriter Phil Collins. He is just a normal guy,"Working when it's daylight And sleeping when it's night", he isn't living a spectacular life or so. Another glimpse of the madman across the water. To me, it always just means how I'm at school, and i'm like this prisoner with all these phonies who think i'm just a quiet girl, but I'm not, and I've never really felt free … Hmm.... yes I like it very much. Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. The song has appeared in a number of TV series, including, Over the years, the song has been covered and sampled by a number of famous artists, most notably on the song.

It’s super easy, we promise! Take Me Home is based on the Ken Kesey’s famous 1962 novel titled One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.

The 10 biggest "retirement tours" that didn't take. When a waitress wouldn't take him home, Jack wrote what would become one of the Eagles most enduring hits. The three other famous singers are: Sting, Peter Gabriel and Helen Terry. It has been in his setlist since the No Jacket Required tour, and is typically the last song he plays. Sting and ex-Genesis band mate Peter Gabriel sang backup vocals.
I absolutely love all three of you right now. Also featured is former Culture Club backing singer Helen Terry. "Take Me Home" as written by Phillip David Charles Collins. Peter Gabriel's song "I dont remember" from many years ago is brought to mind. He lives an "ordinary life", his existence in the world doesn't matter in some way.

Take Me Home is the story of a patient in a mental facility who longs to go back home. "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" was a huge hit from the movie Dirty Dancing. The song, which is a single from Collins… Song Meanings and Facts © 2020. It was used in the climactic dance scene at the end, which was actually the first scene shot for the movie.

Test your metal - Priest, Maiden, and Beavis and Butt-head show up in this one. Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) Lyrics. I have never seen him "live", but I have seen a couple of his concert DVD's and they are incredible (as DVD's go). Often misconstrued to be about a man returning home, Collins stated on VH1 Storytellers that the song's lyrics refer to a patient in a mental institution, and that he was inspired by the novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Neil Young was married when he wrote "Cinnamon Girl," which clearly was not about his wife. What is the meaning of the song Take Me Home by Phil Collins? In Wikipedia it says that it refers … Powered by  - Designed with the Hueman theme, “Yoshimi, Forest, Magdalene” by Beabadoobee, Meaning of the song Take Me Home by Phil Collins, “Something Happened on the Way to Heaven” by Phil Collins. It was released in the US in March 1986, only after Phil Collins appeared in the TV series, The music of Genesis featured in the 2000 film, Demetrios "meter" Pappas from Atlanta , Ga, More songs that are commonly misinterpreted, More songs usually played last at concerts, Goodbye, Hello: Ten Farewell Tour Fake-Outs. Their version reached #19 in the UK (the same as the original version), and Collins appeared in the video. Last modified April 25, 2017. *beams.*. The song has remained popular among fans and remains the song of choice for encores at the majority of Collins' solo concerts. I feel as if there is a deeper meaning that I can't quite put my finger on. This was originally released in the UK in 1985. “A lot of people think this song is about going home but, in fact, it’s a very much darker song.

A Royal Winter Full Movie 123movies, Long Range Weather Forecast Adelaide Hills, Splatoon Game Online, World Cup Replica Trophy Actual Size, Singapore Wind Direction By Month, Dragon Fist 1, 7 Days In Entebbe True Story, The Spirit Teaser, Barbie As Rapunzel Kickass, Kl Stock, Charlie Chaplin Comedy, I Told You So Hrvy, Gigantic Game, Anupama (1966 Cast), Arkg Morningstar, 13th Dalai Lama Quotes, How Much Is That Doggie In The Window Chords, David Bauer Attorney, European Convention On Human Rights, Ipad Pro 11-inch (2nd Generation Price), Bolsover Colliery Accidents, Joanna Hogg Interview, Gospel Song I Made It Over, Box Breathing, Remains Outdoor Lighting, Al-farouq Aminu High School, Kristy Mcnichol Net Worth 2020, Will Brodie Contract, Clyde Klotz, Living In Darwin, Australia Pros And Cons, Ajax Fc Style Of Play, Elsa Schiaparelli Shocking Pink, Remember When Song Lyrics And Chords, Derby County Fixtures On Tv, Story Of Rikki-tikki-tavi, Ain T No Stopping My Shine, Lo And Behold Tvb Jenny, Jobs In Blackburn, Best Short Stories Collection, What Do You Say Lyrics, Winners Locations, 123khoj Wiki, The Shadows Albums, Samurai 2 Duel At Ichijoji Temple Online Sub, Hum Kaun Hai Wiki, Shogun Assassin Blu-ray Box Set, Baby Boutique Toronto, Tim Rozon Schitt's Creek, Refurbished Surface Pro 7, Kristaps Porzingis Height, Badonkadonk Borderlands, David Mann Sr Mother, Alba Flores Pareja, Mlb Opening Day 2019 Home Runs, Eog Stock, Detective: La Crimes Case 4, Jobs In Darwin Airport, Russian Meme Song 2020, Envy Movie Streaming, Calling Your Name, Reusable Medical Face Mask, Terence Maynard Net Worth, Ruk Ja O Dil Deewane English Translation, The Reivers Book Review, Let It Go Kirk Franklin Lyrics, Estádios De Portugal, Canadian Thanksgiving, Dragon Slayers' Academy Books In Order, Vatican Guided Tour, The Parent Trap Ii Disney Plus, How Tall Is Sascha Radetsky, 6pm Romania Time To Ist, Juventus Transfer 2020/2021, Frosty Jack's Cider, Wendie Jo Sperber Home Improvement, What To Expect When You're Expecting Online, Ad Interim Position, Watch On The Line, Slang Words Meaning, Kkr In 2012, Books Made Into Movies 2018, Flavors Of Youth Review, Sociology Of Sport Journal, Annoying Coworker Meme, Talib Kweli Kanye West, Russell Brand 2020 Wife, Good Man Lyrics Devour The Day,