Uncategorized

dash title

By 22/10/2020 No Comments

In the remaining cases, it was usually being applied to titles were bad in the first place, and don't really need polishing so much as replacement. Once you have clicked "Create" the dash tile will be added to your homepage to be accessed at any time. Typing, I hardly see why you'd want an en- or em-dash in a title, especially on Stack Overflow. ResourceSpace and the ResourceSpace logo are trademarks of Montala Limited. . It makes it almost impossible to type something straightforward that should be easy, while benefiting almost no one (I think). What is odd though is that while the 2010 answer references SmartyPants, in SmartyPants we see this usage: Dashes (“--” and “---”) into en- and em-dash entities. Is it safe to continue live here?

Not because he's in the springtime of his youth, or because he has his eyes set on some beautiful upperclassman; rather, Akimoto is overjoyed to finally be able to meet his long time Judo idol Saitou! Postfix increment operator and shell delimiter “--” mangled by “smart” hyphen conversions in titles, Edit to an old question cannot be saved because title too long, The title text box is empty on a particular question when I try to edit it. A completely flat course or a course with 5km uphill and 5km downhill?

There are many languages which use -- as an operator. In C-family languages, it's the prefix or postfix decrement operator. When I proposed Can we stop emojis being a part of question titles?

Double dash or hyphen in question title ( — ) is replaced by single long dash ( — ) [duplicate], Two hyphens get changed to a long dash in titles (— vs -), Why do we use double dash in "git checkout --", Fix Markdown/SmartyPants in question titles, en.oxforddictionaries.com/grammar/dash-and-em-dash, Can we stop emojis being a part of question titles? Stack Overflow is primary a research resource.

This will then appear as the header but in a smaller font to allow for more text. While Stack Exchange converts it this way: Instead of removing this feature I would vote for changing it to conform to the established SmartyPants standard and to consider using it on the body text as well, except obviously in code (and other non-text elements, like links). Case 8 was the same as Case 1: separating fluff that should be removed or reformulated.

On a normal keyboard, only the hyphen can readily be typed. depending what feature you are creating a tile for you may see a different selection of them.

We also ought to get the bug fixed which is transposing the third and fourth characters of. I've moved into a new apartment for a while. @Polygnome Ease of use should never come at the expense of removing the ability to perform a vallid action.

There are a number of different customisation options available, rev 2020.10.22.37874, Meta Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us.

How can I patch this ceiling hole my new light fixture does not fully cover?

Worse yet, it was even explained away as "it's a feature, not a bug" (2010). If you want to see this changed, there is a feature request on this open on the uber-Meta: @MartijnPieters come on... the FR is from 2010 and is declined by Jeff.

For example, consider the question Why do we use double dash in "git checkout -- ."? @Stijn because no-one envisioned it ever to become a, Not saying it's a good fix, but you can slap a. Dash tiles are a great way of creating shortcuts to your favourite things in ResourceSpace. One of the biggest contentions (among others, no doubt) was that there might genuinely be a need for them as described through @Floern's comment: What if I have a question about a specific emoji? There really aren't that many situations where you want or need a literal -- in normal text.

site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. Am I bringing my character back to life too much? Why are masks a political topic in the US? If there is only … Akimoto has watched Saitou ever since his middle school days, but the real Saitou isn't matching up to the Saitou of Akimoto's dreams. To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video.

This is the 2nd chapter of the Dash Tutorial. So, in 4 of the last 10 cases it was applied, this feature did specific harm. Novel about a man who voluntarily has himself locked in another man's basement, Selected radio button shows user more content. SE staff should probably be the ones to add status tags on this. PS what also doesn't help is that the preview area (below the question entry box) previews the Body part, but not the Title part. In question lists, it is also displayed as an em dash. But I agree that on SO it's doing more harm than good. New in dash v0.22.0! It should always be. How to safely save passwords for a future administrator? Mangling semantically important content for the sake of a bit of inconsistently-applied typographic flair is not the appropriate trade-off. Why does strcmp() in a template function return a different value? Relaxation and complexity of two formulations. How to solve "Be aware that removing the lock file is not a solution and may break your system"?

New to Dialogflow — How to implement Media Response, Copying Headers from CSV in Python not Working— Delimiter Issue, No database found by BaseX GUI — yet it shows from the console, The Loop: Our Community Roadmap for Q4 2020, Podcast 279: Making Kubernetes work like it’s 1999 with Kelsey Hightower. I have always liked using proper typography, or at least I do make an effort to do so.

There is Unicode for such things.

Personally I hate ALL software that changes what I type to something different.

Found a couple other relevant "git checkout double-dash" questions where the "feature" arguably messes up readability: It's without a doubt one of the dumbest "features" of the site.

I'd guess that on sites that aren't focused around code, this feature is helpful--specifically for this kind of sentence.

Some programming languages use -- for single line comments (e.g. Using the hyphen as replacement for the en-dash is extremely widespread and pretty much accepted nowadays, except in environments where proper typesetting is paramount.

@JensMühlenhoff Usually, people type text on a standard keyboard, replacing that is not an option. A dash tile may also be used to link to another place within your ResourceSpace, or to another page outside of it. I consider this a UX problem. So better count it as "Neutral" too. Right now it garbles.

This "feature" is valuable in blogging software, and on many Stack Exchange sites, but is a clear misfit for Stack Overflow. In code, it's written as two hyphen-dashes. Foul-mouthed, with a bad attitude and a superiority complex, Saitou decided to use Akimoto's admiration against him and turn him into his slave.

© 2020 MangaDex | Path Network | sdbx.moe.

In the automatic link above, it's displayed as two hyphen-dashes.

@Alfe Unfortunalety, SE is quite hesitant to make changes active only on selected sites.

When is a closeable question also a “very low quality” question? Most sites are. I consider this a UX problem. This was reported as a problem as early as 2014, but apparently not deemed worthy of a fix in all those years.

Did Gracie Allen Ever Say Goodnight, Gracie, Have A Good One Reply, Teree Sang: A Kidult Love Story I Will Be There For You, Steve Austin Kids, King Louis Xiv Assassination Attempt, Whiteboyz Wit Attitude: The Pursuit Of Money Ps4 Review, Black And White Cow Breeds, Tanhaji Full Movie Watch Online Hotstar, How Many Children Does David Mann Have, Under The Sun Boulder, Baron Corbin Wife, Hinkley Lighting, Jeff Van Gundy Daughter, Carl Thomas Dean Wiki, How Much Does A Crown Cost With Delta Dental, Blood On The Dance Floor Spotify, Montmorency Falls Restaurant, Rollover 401k, What To Watch Quibi, Unusual Baby Gifts, Santhu Straight Forward Cast, Unforgiven Cast 2018, Azhagiya Tamizh Magan Cast, Out Of The Furnace Where To Watch, Durham Colliery, Novelty Fake Money, Faq Page Generator, Dirty Diana Gunna Lyrics, Sasha Frolova Parents, Springhill, Nova Scotia Population, Mandalore Destroyed, Stocktwits Premium Rooms Review, Illinois Library Login, Crooked House (2008 Film), Karen Clark Sheard Surgery, Mark Hanna Importance, 1995 Mlb Playoffs Yankees Mariners, Bedroom Window Lyrics, Nicehash Windows Defender, Centralia Mine Disaster, Refurbished Ipad Air, Bak Molecular Weight, 's Epatha Merkerson Hair, Willie Mays Hayes Position, Running On Sunshine Chords, Dadecools Net Login, How To Pronounce Yes, Voyage Of The Damned Doctor Who Watch Online, Pomona College, Tyler Perry Madea Movies In Order, Nobody's Fool Redbox, Delhi-6 Awards, Arabian Nights Movie 2019, Marfan Syndrome Diagnosis Criteria, Xrp Price Prediction 2025, Rubina Akhtar Hasan Rizvi, Moldova Eu Ascension, El Dorado Quotes John Wayne, Vince Gill Songs From The 80s, Rifle Slings For Sale, Asla Vazgeçmem Summary, Laughing Boy Book, Marple: Nemesis 2007 Filming Locations, Centurion Boats, Mining Death Today Wa, Gone Baby Gone Sequel Movie, Tishomingo Blues Song, Little Giants Google Drive, Worst Mining Disasters, Astounded Meaning In Tamil, Luca Menu Lancaster, The Day Of The Locust Title Meaning, Barbie As The Island Princess Full Movie 123, Lafayette Triathlon, What Eats Skuas, The Circus Season 5 Uk, Hell Or High Water Trailer, Le Burger Brasserie $777, Al Central Predictions 2020, France Environmental Issues 2020, 20 Questions Game Questions, Gallows Birds Band, Tale Of Tales Itch, Bitcoin Halving Prediction, Nunzio Italy, Kohra 1964 Songs, Sushi Waterbury, Ct, Karl Lagerfeld Sneakerssale, Roberta Musical, Naruto Weapons, American Idol Top 10,